Goes to International? -ASEAN NIGHT





As an Indonesian especially Balinese which known as the Island of Gods which has a lot of traditional cultures. There is no doubt that Bali become the most favorite island in Indonesia. Being a foreigner in Philippines made me realized that I should know my cultures well, haha! It’s not funny right if other countries ask about your own culture and you don’t know about it , lmao. There was a program that held by the CLSU which explored many cultures from other country that represented by the exchange students. “ASEAN NIGHT” that was the name of the celebration for the ASIAN 51st founding anniversary of ASEAN community, since the participants also from the exchange students in CLSU there were also Chinese and African that also joined the event.
ASEAN Night invitation card

As the representative of Ganesha University which is Balinese I presented Balinese dance along with Mandala. It was such an honor to show my own culture to the other countries. There were Indonesian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese etc. that attended the celebration with their own traditional culture. Each region, each county and each province present different performance. There were also traditional culture form Philippines that shown by CLSU students. Such an amazing view which is “Unity in Diversity”. I learned a lot about other cultures as well as the beliefs.

Keynote speakers giving general information about Philippines

The event not merely about the performance but also about the general information about Philippines which really amazed me. Philippines which different from Indonesia but has quite the same historical background. I know I like learn new things especially Philippines when the keynote speakers explain about Philippines. As the closing from the event the exchange students perform their cultural performances. “Okay, this is my time to dance” I thought. FYI, I used to dance when I was in elementary school, since in JHS, SHS and now a college student I was not dancing anymore. But my fate shows me that I should dance and I can dance by perform it. That time on August 20 I was dance again from my break. I was so nervous yet other people in that place were so nice to me, they always shown their warmth smile to encourage me.
I was dancing in Philippines in front of many other countries, was that can be called as goes to international? Haha! I am so happy both because I could do that and saw the audience applause me. We also had our dinner on the closing event and guess what, Sir.Gaboy, Ma’am Lalaine and Ma’am Yasmin bought something which is special for us. BALUT! Yes balut the developing duck embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. I was gave up, I couldn’t eat that. I kept imagine the shape of the embryo and I eat that the fur, and all of the organ which is really stressed me. Actually it was good but my imagination said no  J





Unity in Diversity in CLSU Philippines












Comments